Career | Bianca Spender
NOW HIRING: FINANCE & OPERATIONS MANAGER
Bianca Spender, a leader in Australian womenswear fashion, is seeking an experienced and pro-active Finance and Operations Manager to work with our dynamic Sydney-based team on a full-time basis.
We are a sustainably focused business with endless possibilities for growth and development in a collaborative environment. If you have a passion for fashion, and figures, this is the job for you!
The role will be responsible for the overall financial and operational management of the business reporting directly into the General Manager and the Director. We are looking for a candidate who is a dynamic strategic thinker with the ability to tell a story and make decisions with numbers. We are looking for a candidate with the ability to problem solve and find efficiencies as part of their daily tasks.
We are a fast growing team that has doubled in size in the past 12 months, and we want you to join us as we strive for our next goals.
What you will be doing
- Being a leader in the business’ strategic and creative thinking as part of a tight-knit team who are dedicated to achieving growth.
- Financial forecasting, production and stock forecasting, financial modelling and actuals to budget variance analysis.
- Monthly Profit and Loss Reporting including commentary and summarising key variances to budget.
- Create financial budgets for each department and their planned operational improvements with the opportunity to lead projects for growth.
- Weekly, monthly and seasonal sales and stock sell through reporting.
- Develop analysis and recaps to help guide in-season actions and project for future seasons.
- Support the General Manager, National Retail Manager and E-Commerce and - Marketing Manager to achieve their goals with analysis and structure in decision making.
- Preparation of quarterly board reports.
- Oversight and management of accounts function.
- Review and help prepare accounts and financial compliance (Tax, BAS, Workers Compensation Insurance, FBT).
- Lead both large and small operational and IT projects, to support the business’ overall priorities.
- Thought leadership and change management for business and operational improvements, efficiencies and processes.
- Contribution to driving core values of sustainability and ethically focused design.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years experience in an Apparel/Retail business in a similar role OR3+ years Big 4 Consulting experience within the Retail Industry.
- Advanced Excel and Office-suite skills.
- Knowledge of Harmony/Future Business Systems would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce or related field. CA/CPA Qualification is preferred but not essential.
- The ability to tackle problems head on with a positive mindset as opportunities for learning.
- An ability to use your initiative, work unsupervised, and work in a team.
- A lens for continuous improvement in all tasks.
- Excellent time management, organisational and communication skills.
- Work to deadlines with the ability to prioritise workloads effectively.
What can we offer you?- A beautiful office a stone’s throw away from Rushcutters Bay Park.
- An environment where we foster independent thought and taking ownership of your role.
- A positive, go-getter team environment where we all strive for success.
- Collaborative team environment with benefits such as Wine and Cheese -Evenings, Guest Speakers and visits from neighbouring puppies.
- Seasonal wardrobe allowance.
To apply please send through your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
WORK EXPERIENCE & INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
We offer work experience in our head office, with the opportunity to get an insight into how the fashion industry works. Positions are subject to availability. We encourage you to send your resume for the opportunity to gain insight and experience with us.
Please apply in writing with attached CV to email@example.com
CAREERS IN RETAIL
We are currently seeking passionate, energetic and experienced retail professionals across both our Boutiques and David Jones stores. Please apply in writing with attached CV to firstname.lastname@example.org